Monday 25 November 2013

From Here to Eternity and my back

Hi,

Gosh, I really have neglected this blog and I can only apologise for that. I have had the most intense rehearsal period for my new show and time was very scarce.
However, now the show is up and running and I urge you to come and see it as it is absolutely phenomenal (and I'm not just saying this just because I'm in it).
FROM HERE TO ETERNITY is a brand new musical based on one of the greatest novels of the 20th century.
                                         

I play private Maddox from G Company, I get to kill Prewitt the lead guy with a proper stage gun which is very exciting but my main solo is as The Drag Queen (aka Pearl) who is the owner of the Waikiki Tavern, an underground gay bar which attracts all those American G.I. soldiers for all sorts of reasons... Well, I don't want to give the story away. Come and see for yourself.

Don't take my word for it. Check out some of the amazing reviews we have had.

Anyway, on a different note, the reason I suddenly have some time to blog is because I am actually at home this week with a bad back. I hate not being able to do the show but I am glad for my understudies that they are getting a chance to go on as "Pearl". I hope they are having great fun performing the role. I'm sure they are doing a fantastic job as they are both very talented guys called Matthew Wesley and Yiftach Mizrahi.
As for my back, apparently it is an aggravated disc and it just needs some time to recover. Health comes first, but hopefully I will be back on the stage in a week.

In the mean time check out the show's beautiful website.

So Aloha for now and goodbye
Shimi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment